Sunday, March 9, 2008

I want to be made...into an intellectual

In addition to watching Truelife on MTV i also enjoy watching the series called Made. Recently i watched an episode entitled "I want to be made into an intellectual". This episode was about a young girl named Aja. she was a junior in High School, very popular among her classmates and a cheerleader. She would get very upset because people would make fun of her for being a "ditz". However, she had many friends and most people liked her she wanted to gain respect from others and prove that she can be smart. She decided to join the speech and debate team at her high school. However, she did not do very well on the team she did gain the respect of the other students for trying. I can relate to Aja in the sense that I went from a city school to a suburban school and when i'm not trying to speak properly I have been told that I speak "staright pittsburgese". I have been told that the way I talk is ignorant and wrong and I do get made fun of for the way I talk sometimes, but I have learned to accept it and I do not care what others think of me or the way I speak anymore.

No comments: