Monday, February 4, 2008

True Life...I Have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Recently i found myself watching True Life...I have OCD, although i don't have OCD and i can not really relate to the people on this episode it really got me to thinking how bad it would stink to have a disorder such as OCD. To have to touch items in a certain way, it something is unorganized one much immediately organize it. If you step over something wrong you have to go back and re-step over it till it "feels right". If I had to go through life like that it would be torture to me. To have to perform a "ritual" before you can leave your home or perform a task. The one young girl on the show, Morgan, she had to perform a "ritual" because she believed that if she did not do so her mother would die. Another girl, Erika, she believed that if her mother did not pick out her found or pour her drinks then it did not "feel right" and she could not eat or drink the food. This is a torturous life to have to live and I am grateful that I do not have OCD.

No comments: