Friday, February 1, 2008

True Life...I'm a Twin

Recently on True Life an episode entitled I'm a Twin aired. The producers of the show had a set of identical twins named Jessica and Danielle, and a set of ferternal twins named Dena and Vanessa. The show basically showed how one twin was always living in the shadow of the other. For example Jessica was living in the shadow of Danielle. Jessica was knows as the "mean" twin because she spitted her sister so much. Danielle was the bubbly nice twin that everybody loved. Vanessa was the "prettier" twin between Dena and herself. Dena was always feeling depressed.

I feel as if i can relate to this episode extremely well, I myself being a triplet. We grew up in pittsburgh then our older sister, Brittany passed away and my parents wanted to get out of the city. My brother went into an extreme depression because Brittany was his twin. JC & Brittany never really had to deal with all the pressures of being a twin because they were of opposite sexes. As for Danielle, Jacque, and myself, we had so many pressures off of one another. We are ferternal, which means we al look different. Danielle was known as the "sporty/popular" triplet. Jacque was known as the "tubby" triplet, and I was known as the "mute". Other kids would always ask us why we weren't alike or why one was real good at sports and the rest of us stunk at sports, or why one was so smart and the other not so much.

Being one of a multiple birth is hard. Most people who aren't of one think it's "cool" and they wish they were a twin or triplet. But, they don't understand what all children of multiple births have to go through. It's a tough life, reguardless of what you think.

No comments: